Past events: 2019
10/11 September 2019: Fossil Free SA was glad to be one of the convenors of the international conference Financing the Future: The Global Climate Divest-Invest Summit, from 10-11 September 2019 at the Two Oceans Aquarium, Cape Town.
9 September 2019: Mission-aligned Investment Seminar. This event, for which we were a supporting partner to Just Share and 350 Africa, was a prologue to the Financing the Future Conference, and focused on the responsibility of philanthropies to divest.
31 July and 1 August 2019: Climate-Proofing SA Retirement Funds. With our partners, the UN PRI, we hosted successful twin workshops on ‘Climate-proofing retirement funds’ in Johannesburg and Cape Town: here’s a brief summary, and here, a longer summary.
11 May 2019: Divest Fest – A Fossil Free SA Community Update. This was a Fossil Free South Africa community update at UCT with our guest speaker, environmental scientist Samantha Keen.
- February 2018: Divest Fest – Local Climate Action
- October 2018: Spotlight Campaign Closing Event
- May 2017: Divestment Workshop for Fund Managers and Owners
- May 2016: Fossil Fuel Divestment Seminar UCT
- February 2015: Fossil Free UCT marks International Divestment Day
- December 2014: Fossil Free SA Launch – Durban / Howick
- November 2014: Fossil Free SA Launch – Cape Town
- July 2014: Fossil Free UCT Launch