Past events: 2020
11 November: In October 2020, we were able for the first time to present the case for divestment to a formal body of the University of Cape Town, in this instance the University Panel on Responsible Investment (UPRI). On 11 November, we repeated that presentation online for members of the Green Campus Initiative and other Fossil Free UCT campaign supporters.
10/11 September 2019: Fossil Free SA was glad to be one of the convenors of the international conference Financing the Future: The Global Climate Divest-Invest Summit, from 10-11 September 2019 at the Two Oceans Aquarium, Cape Town.
9 September 2019: Mission-aligned Investment Seminar. This event, for which we were a supporting partner to Just Share and 350 Africa, was a prologue to the Financing the Future Conference, and focused on the responsibility of philanthropies to divest.
31 July and 1 August 2019: Climate-Proofing SA Retirement Funds. With our partners, the UN PRI, we hosted successful twin workshops on ‘Climate-proofing retirement funds’ in Johannesburg and Cape Town: here’s a brief summary, and here, a longer summary.
11 May 2019: Divest Fest – A Fossil Free SA Community Update. This was a Fossil Free South Africa community update at UCT with our guest speaker, environmental scientist Samantha Keen.
- February 2018: Divest Fest – Local Climate Action
- October 2018: Spotlight Campaign Closing Event
- May 2017: Divestment Workshop for Fund Managers and Owners
- May 2016: Fossil Fuel Divestment Seminar UCT
- February 2015: Fossil Free UCT marks International Divestment Day
- December 2014: Fossil Free SA Launch – Durban / Howick
- November 2014: Fossil Free SA Launch – Cape Town
- July 2014: Fossil Free UCT Launch